Raw Food Dessert: Coconut & Blue Spirulina Cheesecake
This coconut raspberry blue spirulina cheesecake is a delicious vegan, raw and gluten-free dessert! The mini cheesecake is suitable for 4 to 6 servings and does not require an oven.
The beautiful blue color of the cheesecake comes from blue spirulina powder. This powder comes from blue-green algae and is very rich in proteins, vitamins, minerals, carotenoids and antioxidants, making it a real superfood! That is why it is also one of the main ingredients of our ' Blue Protection Shot 51 '. This 100% natural dye has a very mild taste, almost tasteless. Perfect for coloring cakes, smoothies, lattes, noodles, rice and more. Juice fasting or taking a detox cure can therefore also be done in a different way!
- 80 g almonds, toasted
- 20 g oatmeal, ground
- 70 g dates
- 6 tbsp maple syrup
- juice of 1 lime
- 130 g canned full-fat coconut milk
- 260 g cashew
- 20 g grated coconut
- 15 g raspberries, dried
- 100 g raspberries, fresh
- 1 tsp Spirulina, blue powder
Method of preparation
- Soak the cashews in water for at least 4 hours beforehand, add the dates after 2 hours.
- Cover the baking tin (10 x 12 cm) with baking paper.
- Then put the toasted almonds together with the ground oatmeal and the dates (make sure they are well drained) in the food processor and process until the mixture sticks together. Once everything is well mixed and the mixture is nice and sticky, you can spread the mixture over the base. Wet a spoon slightly and use the back to spread the mixture nice and evenly. Then place the base in the refrigerator.
- Drain the cashews and put them in a blender. Add the coconut cream, agave, lemon juice and coconut oil and mix on high speed until the mixture becomes creamy. Then divide the batter into two bowls. Set one bowl aside for now and continue with the other bowl.
- Add the shredded coconut to the bowl and mix again briefly until well combined. Then carefully fold the fresh and dried raspberries into the mix with a spatula. Pour the filling over the base and place the cake in the fridge.
- Take the rest of the batter, add the blue spirulina powder and mix briefly until you reach the desired color. Pour the mixture over the cake and then place the cake in the refrigerator for 4 to 5 hours before serving.